Open Y Pull Requests review standard
Adherence to Standards
The Open Y Core Team will adhere to the same standards we set for the community for all areas of development and technologies as per the Open Y documentation.
The Open Y Core Team reserves the right to break these standards only in the following scenarios:
- Emergency - a major defect or security risk has been discovered that requires extreme measures to resolve.
- When the standards are broken, it is the responsibility of the Open Y Core Team to explain why the standards needed to be broken, and what the new standards will be moving forward.
- This communication will be posted to the Open Y message board, Slack, and the documentation on GitHub will be updated to reflect the new standards.
Requirements for Pull Requests
- Code in Pull Requests should follow our established best practices
- Submitters’ profiles on GitHub or Drupal.org should be up to date and contain at least a name and organization.
Template for the PR
In order to create a good quality Pull Request, we prepared a PR template which is automatically added to new Pull Requests on GitHub.
List of requirements from the template:
- Provide a link to the original issue, which is going to be fixed by the PR you are creating.
- All coding styles are fulfilled and there are no issues reported by CodeSniffer. See Code of Conduct.
- Documentation have been updated according to PR changes.
- Steps for review have been provided according to PR changes.
- Make sure you’ve provided all necessary hook_update_N to support upgrade path.
- Make sure your git email is associated with an account on drupal.org, otherwise you won’t get commits there.
- If you would like to get credits on drupal.org, check documentation.