From YMCA Link:
Typography is an important element of our brand identity. Cachet and Verdana, the only two fonts used on YMCA collateral, help provide our words with a distinctive look and welcoming feel. And Cachet, as our primary font, should be used for all internal and external materials whenever possible.
To help Ys incorporate the Cachet font into their online applications, Y-USA is now licensing the web font version of Cachet for all YMCAs. Previously, Ys could only access the desktop version of the font from the Brand Resource Center (BRC).
Visit the BRC to:
- Download Cachet as a Web Font (requires YMCA Link login)
Once you’ve downloaded the WOFF files, you’ll need to add them to your site. These instructions mirror the walkthrough in this video.
- Visit Admin > Extend and ensure the “@fontyourface” and “@fontyourface - Local Fonts” modules are enabled.
- Visit Admin > Appearance > @font-your-face > Custom Fonts
- Click + Add Custom Font and add each of the Cachet font files you downloaded above with the following settings:
|Label||Font Family||Font Style||Font Weight||Font Classification||Font File|
|Cachet Extra Light||Cachet||Normal||300||Sans Serif||CachetW05-ExtraLight.woff|
|Cachet Book||Cachet||Normal||400||Sans Serif||CachetW05-Book.woff|
|Cachet Medium||Cachet||Normal||500||Sans Serif||CachetW05-Medium.woff|
|Cachet Bold||Cachet||Normal||700||Sans Serif||CachetW05-Bold.woff|
- After you’ve added each font, Enable them.
- Your site should now use the Cachet font in headers and other areas. Usage is dependent on the Open Y theme you choose.
This content was originally published on the Open Y Message Board.